Rice bran is the most important source of edible oil among the unconventional sources. Rice bran is the brown coating around the white starchy rice kernel which is obtained by dehusking paddy and polishing the rice. Despite the impressive growth of rice bran technology in the country, only a third of the available potential has been exploited. India produces about 80 million tonnes of paddy annually. This can yield about 5 million tonnes of rice bran and to the extent of 8 lakh tonnes of rice bran oil. During 1983 - 84, the country processed only 13 lakh tonnes of rice bran, though the installed processing capacity is around 32 lakh tonnes. Production of rice bran oil is currently estimated at about 2 lakh tonnes and hardly 10-15 per cent of it is of edible grade, although the potential availability is reckoned at about 8 lakh tonnes.
The wide gap between the actual production and the potential availability of rice bran oil is primarily due to the fact that at present around 70 per cent of the paddy produced in the country is processed through huller mills while only 30 percent is processed by modern sheller mills. It has been estimated that huller mills number about 80,000 while there are only 28,000 modern sheller mills. The conversion of huller mills into modern sheller mills has remained stagnant despite government legislation. Hence there is an urgent need for modernising rice bran processing.
- Plant Capacity 25 MT./Day
- Land & Building (Area 15000 sq.mt.) Rs. 6.25 Cr.
- Plant & Machinery Rs. 4.60 Cr.
- W.C. for 3 Months Rs. 7.60 Cr.
- Total Capital Investment Rs. 19.27 Cr.
- Rate of Return 17%
- Break Even Point 60%
Note: ITI can modify the Capacity and Project Cost based on your requirement.
Contents of the Project Reports
- Uses and Applications
- Market Position
- Present Manufacturers
- Detailed Process of Manufacture
- B.I.S. Specifications
- Process Flow Sheet Diagram, Plant Layout,
- Cost Economics with Profitability Analysis
- Land & Building Requirements with Rates
- List & Details of Plant and Machinery with their Costs
- Raw Materials Details/List and Costs
- Power & Water Requirements
- Labour/Staff Requirements
- Utilities and Overheads
- Total Capital Investment
- Cost of Production
- Break Even Point
- Land Man Ratio
- Suppliers of Plant & Machineries and Raw Materials
- Cash Flow Statement
- Repayment Schedule
- Interest Chart
- Depreciation Chart
4449, Nai Sarak, Main Road, Delhi, Delhi, 110006, India